About the course
This qualification is the equivalent level to the second year of a bachelor’s degree. It is for learners who are seeking to progress to a higher education institution to take the third year of a bachelor’s degree course in an area of management within the healthcare sector.
To achieve this qualification, you will need to complete optional units as well as these mandatory units:
- Facilitating Change in Health and Social Care
- Managing Communication
- People Management
- Research Project
- The ATHE Level 5 Extended Diploma in Management for Health and Social Care is a 120 credit Ofqual Regulated Qualification equivalent to the second year of a bachelor’s degree. See link for university progression routes.
- Better job prospects. The qualification shows employers that you have reached a nationally recognised standard in health and social care.
- Open days
- Chats with current and past students
- prior study in Healthcare Management or related subjects at level 4 or above
- a level 4 qualification for example an ATHE Level 4 Diploma in Management for Health and Social Care
- Learners may also have relevant work experience.
English requirements. If English is not your first language, we recommend the following standards of proficiency in English language skills:
- IELTs 5.5
- Functional skills (English) with a Pass
- Cambridge English Advanced (CAE) 162 or above
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- When does the course starts: flexible starting dates?
- What is the length of the course? 9-12 months
- Where will I study? classroom, via distance learning or blended.
- How will be graded? Pass or fail.
- What is the course fee? £1,800 and the deposit of £450 is required before sessions begin. Instalments can be arranged for full payment of the course. To find out if you are eligible for government funding, visit this website https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan/eligibility