About the course
This qualification has been designed for learners who are seeking to progress to university to join the second year of a bachelor’s degree course in an area of management within the healthcare sector.
To achieve this qualification, you will need to complete optional units as well as these mandatory units:
- Health and Social Care in Context
- Communication Skills for Health and Social Care Management
- People in Organisations
- The ATHE Level 4 Extended Diploma in Management for Health and Social Care is a 120 credit Ofqual Regulated Qualification equivalent to the first year of a bachelor’s degree. See link for university progression routes.
- Better job prospects. The qualification shows employers that you have reached a nationally recognised standard in health and social care.
- Open days
- Chats with current and past students
- 5 or more GCSEs at grades C and above or Grade 4 and above
- other related level 3 subjects
English requirements. If English is not your first language, we recommend the following standards of proficiency in English language skills:
- IELTs 5.5
- Functional skills (English) with a Pass
- Cambridge English Advanced (CAE) 162 or above
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- When does the course starts: flexible starting dates?
- What is the length of the course? 9-12 months
- Where will I study? classroom, via distance learning or blended.
- How will be graded? Pass or fail.
- What is the course fee? £1500 and the minimum payment for initial registration is £375. Instalments can be arranged for full payment of the course. To find out if you are eligible for government funding, visit this website https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan/eligibility