About the course
The purpose of this course is to develop the essential understanding and skills needed to provide the awareness of the accountancy and tax regulatory environment, the operational requirements for the accounting and finance function and what is expected of a professional accountant. These qualifications are therefore designed to provide:
- opportunities for learners to develop a breadth of knowledge and understanding of subject matter related to accounting, particularly in Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs)
- development of underpinning skills, personal qualities, and attitudes essential for successful performance in working life
- optional units in particular specialisms that are directly related to learners’ current responsibilities or that meet a particular interest and support career development.
- base for continued learning and a desire to constantly develop as an individual, further improving knowledge, understanding and skills.
To achieve this qualification, you will need to complete these core units:
- Financial Accounting 1
- Financial Accounting 2
- Budgetary Control
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Personal Taxation
- Business Environment
- Economics for Business
- Law for Accounting
- You will be awarded with ATHE Level 4 Extended Diploma in Accounting. This can lead to university entry to study a bachelor’s degree in a related subject. See link for university progression
- After completing this course, you can progress onto Level 5 Extended Diploma in Accounting and with at least three years’ experience within the accounting sector and completion of 2 compulsory modules, learners will be eligible for Associate membership of the Institute of Financial Accountants (IFA).
- Open days
- Chats with current and past students
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- When does the course starts: flexible starting dates?
- Grade: Graded with Pass, Merit and Distinction
- What is the length of the course? 9 – 12 months and attendance is required 2 days a week.
- Where will I study? Hybrid (online or face to face)
- How will be graded? Achieved or not yet achieved.
- How much is the course fee: The course fee is £1,500 and the deposit of £375 is required before sessions begin. The rest of the payment can be made in instalments. To find out if you are eligible for government funding, visit this website https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan/eligibility