About the course
This course has been designed for learners who wish to progress to a health and social care degree but may not have the traditional entry qualifications usually required.
The qualification aims to provide learners with the underpinning knowledge and understanding of a range of topics within the Health and Social Care environment. These topics will allow learners to develop practical and theoretical approaches to solving problems and finding solutions using Information and Health and Social Care
To achieve this qualification, you will need to complete the 4 mandatory units:
- The health and social care sector
- Academic and research skills for health and social care
- A person-centred approach to health and social care
- Communication skills for health and social care
- The Award for training and higher education (ATHE) Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care is a 60-credit qualification and is the equivalent level to an A Level or Access to HE qualification. See link for university progression routes.
- You will be awarded with ATHE level 3 Diploma in Health & Social Care. This can lead to university entry to study a bachelor’s degree in a related subject.
- Better job prospects. The qualification shows employers that you have reached a nationally recognised standard in health and social care.
- This qualification is eligible for UCAS points. To find out how much points your qualification is worth, please visit the UCAS Tariff Calculator https://www.ucas.com/ucas/tariff-calculator
- Open days
- Chats with current and past students
- 5 or more GCSEs at grades C and above or Grade 4 and above
- other related level 2 subjects
- other equivalent international qualification
English requirements. If English is not your first language, we recommend the following standards of proficiency in English language skills:
- IELTs 5.5
- Functional skills (English) with a Pass
- Cambridge English Advanced (CAE) 162 or above
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- When does the course starts: flexible starting dates?
- What is the length of the course? 6 – 9 months
- Where will I study? classroom, via distance learning or blended.
- How will be graded? Pass, Merit and Distinction.
- What is the course fee? £1250 and the minimum payment for initial registration is £300. Instalments can be arranged for full payment of the course. To find out if you are eligible for government funding, visit this website https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan/eligibility