About the course
This course aims to enable you to demonstrate a sound grasp of mathematical skills at the appropriate level and be able to apply mathematical thinking effectively to solve problems successfully in the workplace and in other real-life situations. The purpose of this qualification is to support your entry to employment or your development within employment.
This course is for:
- Those without a GCSE in Mathematics looking to take their first Mathematics qualification.
- Learners undertaking vocational learning or an apprenticeship that needs Mathematics skills to support their main programme of learning.
- Individuals taking alternative routes to GCSEs wishing to develop Maths skills.
- You will be awarded with Open Awards or NCFE Level 1/2 Functional Skills Qualification in Mathematics.
- This will prepare you for further learning or training and develop skills in this subject area.
- Open days
- Chats with current and past students
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- When does the course starts: flexible starting dates?
- What is the length of the course? This programme will last for 10-12 weeks.
- Where will I study? Hybrid (online or face to face)
- How will be graded? Achieved or not yet achieved.
- How much is the course fee: The course is £250.00 and runs quarterly for 10-12 weeks beginning in September every year; the start date will be available upon enquiry.
- The recommended book is CGP Functional Skills Maths Level 1/2 Study & Test Practice. This book is available for purchase at the centre for £10, alternatively it can be purchased online. The aim of each class session will be to complete the book with support provided by the tutor as well as individual study time when completing homework.